5 Common Myths about Invisalign® Debunked
Invisalign is an ideal cosmetic dentistry solution for many candidates of traditional metal braces. If you are considering Invisalign braces to straighten your teeth, you have probably heard a few things about the process and what you can expect.
There are plenty of myths and misconceptions circulating about this invisible straightener, so before listening to everything you have heard, let our Lethbridge experts in cosmetic dentistry help set the record straight. By understanding the facts, and being fully prepared, you can get the most out of your Invisalign treatment and set reasonable expectations.
5 Misconceptions about Invisalign Shared by Your Trusted Lethbridge Dental Clinic
Many dental procedures have misconceptions circling. Whether it was a previous patient that had a bad experience, or someone that had an exceptionally easy teeth straightening procedure, the rumours will enter the mill.
What is most important to remember is that everyone’s case is different. Your experience will not be the same as your friend, neighbour, or colleague. To get a clear idea of what your Invisalign treatment in Lethbridge would be like, consult a dentist.
While you await your consultation, here are a few myths that we can set straight for you:
- Myth 1 - Invisalign is More Expensive: Invisalign received a bad reputation for being a costly alternative to traditional metal braces. When the technology was first released, it was indeed costly. However, the past few years have shown a steady decline in prices, and over time, Invisalign has become much more affordable.
- Myth 2 - Invisalign Takes Longer and is Less Effective: While the plastic aligners may look thin and weak, do not judge by appearances. In fact, Invisalign is extremely effective, and these invisible aligners get the job done just as well as metal braces. Invisalign works differently, but both metal and invisible aligners shift your teeth into place the same way. When it comes to time, it is all about how much “alignment” your teeth require. However, Invisalign does not take any longer than metal braces.
- Myth 3 - Invisalign is an Alternative to Metal Braces: Invisalign is an alternative, but only when you are a suitable candidate. Not everyone is a candidate for braces or invisible aligners. It all depends on how your teeth are placed, and the severity of the issue.
- Myth 4 - Invisalign Braces Can be Done by Any Dentist: Not all dentists can fit you for Invisalign. Instead, you must meet with a cosmetic dentist professional or orthodontist that has specialized training in Invisalign. Without proper fitting, you will not achieve straighter teeth.
- Myth 5 - Invisalign Requires Too Much Maintenance: Invisalign does not require as many appointments as you might think. While the process of fitting them does take time, you should only need an appointment once every few months.
Ready for Straighter Teeth? Book a Consultation with Our Lethbridge Dentist
If you want straighter teeth without the hassles of metal brackets and wires, Invisalign may be the solution for you.
However, you must first book an initial consultation so that our dentist can determine if invisible aligners will work well for your teeth. Once your candidacy is determined, you will go through the fitting process and be on your way to a straighter smile.
Contact the orthodontic team at London Road Dental for your consultation. Call us at 403‑327‑3434 or contact us online about Invisalign and other teeth straightening treatments.